From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: pidgin 2.6.1 and video
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:32:00
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > FYI if anyone wants to try audio and video chat on the new pidgin
3 > 2.6.1 release, it didn't work for me (UVC webcam) until I emerged
4 > these packages:
5 >
6 > pidgin-2.6.1 (with "gstreamer" USE flag enabled)
7 > gst-plugins-v4l2
8 > gst-plugins-farsight
9 > gnome-media
10 >
11 > The last item was need to get gstreamer-properties, which let me
12 > define which audio/video devices to use for input and test them. If
13 > you're a gnome user you've probably already got it. Pidgin devs say
14 > they hope to allow configuration from within the app in the future,
15 > but right now it has to be done externally.
18 Thanks for posting this!
19
20 But......... ugh!; the last one is a killer. Is there any way that I can
21 vim some config somewhere, and avoid installing all of the gnome stuff
22 required by gnome-media?