From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin only allowing a single instance after update
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 02:31:14
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 190817 Dale wrote:
3 >> It says this in the link provided : "Note that this behavior is now
4 >> on by default, but it can be disabled."
5 >> I've looked and I can not find where to disable that feature.
6 > Sorry, I can't help there : keep looking (smile).
7 >
8 >> Can you narrow down CLI for me?
9 > 'Command-line interface' : a good old terminal ...
10 >
11 > I supplement that with some .bashrc aliases + functions.
12 > I also use 'cdargs' -- yes, you can 'eix' that one -- ,
13 > which makes it easier to jump around the file system.
14
15 Ah, OK.  I thought it was some nifty file manager that I hadn't heard
16 of.  Explains why I couldn't find it, in the long list of cli hits.  A
17 LOT of packages have the name "client" in it.  Searching for cli with
18 those names makes it a long list.  ;-)
21 >> I already switched to Krusader for root access
22 >> so it's not like I'm not totally against using something else.
23 > Krusader is a bit powerful for ordinary little move/copy/read's,
24 > but there's no reason you couldn't use it like that, if you need to.
28 I use it mostly when I'm doing upgrades.  I edit keywords, USE flags and
29 such with it.  I don't use it often but it runs as root without me
30 having to keep up with patches and all that stuff.  If the upstream devs
31 want to disable features that are needed, I use something else.
32
33 I'm still looking for a way to disable that thing, it has to be called
34 something I don't recognize or something.  I just don't see it.  I have
35 looked in places that it shouldn't even be to be honest.  :/
36
37 Dale
38