From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compiling for different CPU but same architecture
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 11:45:46
1 2014-08-01 2:01 GMT-06:00 Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>:
2 > On Fri, 2014-08-01 at 08:53 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 15:59:56 +1000, wraeth wrote:
4 >>
5 >> > systemd-nspawn is quite a useful utility for working in a chroot -
6 >> > almost a complete virtual machine without the overhead.
7 >> >
8 >> > I also came across a handy introduction to it [1] too, by none other
9 >> > than rich0 (one of our esteemed devs) - it's worth a read (particularly
10 >> > when you try using it without DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES set - that was
11 >> > fun!).
12 >> >
13 >> > [1]
14 >> > http://rich0gentoo.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/quick-systemd-nspawn-guide/
15 >>
16 >> I saw that a couple of weeks ago and thought "I'll try that when I get
17 >> time". The time needed turned out to be about 5 minutes, it's so much
18 >> easier than using a chroot.
22 > systemd-nspawn seems to be interesting. But will it work on my i5?
23 > Because I prefer to use -march=native. For using distcc I copied all the
24 > flags that gcc selects in march=native mode to make.conf.
27 I don't think what CFLAGS you are using matters for using
28 systemd-nspawn, but In my tests, It can be used for typical chroot and
29 installation of a stage3 with openrc, but if you want to use '-b' to
30 boot the container you need systemd on host and container.
31 Here's another guide[1] by a gentoo dev, but on CFLAGS, -march=native
32 and using distcc.
33 [1] http://blogs.gentoo.org/mgorny/2014/06/23/inlining-marchnative-for-distcc/