From: "Michael W. Holdeman" <lists@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] VPN?
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 03:16:53
1 OK I have read the vpn howto, and tunneling from the howto, and to be
2 truthfull i am totally over my head.
3
4 I have a LAN at the office including a freebsd file server, the server has an
5 ip of 192.168.xx.xx, and several other gentoo desktops have the same +1 each.
6 I have a linksys cable modem, and wireless router serving through the gateway
7 of 192.168.xx.1. dns is fixed with 2 dns servers from comcast. Problem is I
8 have a dynamis ip from comcast.
9
10 I want to be able to access a desktop machine, and most importantly the bsd
11 file server with my laptop, again with a dynamic assigned ip from remote
12 locations.
13
14 What is the best combination, and some sort of howto for dummies would be
15 great!!
16
17 Thanks in advance.
18