From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] umask and sticky bit
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:26:42
1 On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 08:17 +0100, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > I would like the default permissions for directories created by a
3 > particular user to be 1775. Is there some way to achieve this? I think
4 > umask doesn't deal with the sticky bit.
5
6 You should probably use ACLs. They may also obviate the need to set
7 directory sticky bits to begin with.
8
9 You did not explain why you want to do this, but you also want to
10 investigate whether g+s'ing the directory gives the effect you want.
14 Albert W. Hopkins
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list