From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Printer Setup
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 00:32:43
1 sean wrote:
2 > I am trying to get my locally attached printer to work, first time setup.
3 >
4 > Followed the instructions and so far nothing.
5 > I am using the default cups.conf setup, and have enabled the kernel support
6 >
7 > Device Drivers -->
8 > <*> Parallel port support
9 > <*> PC-style hardware
10 >
11 > Device Drivers -->
12 > Character Devices -->
13 > <*> Parallel printer support
14 >
15 > as the instructions state.
16 >
17 > Doing an lpq gives the following
18 >
19 > lpq: error - no default destination available.
20 > tardis sean #
21 >
22 > Would anyone be able to give me an ideas on how to get this thing running?
23 > Hopefully I included all needed information.
24 >
25 > Thanks in advance
26 > Sean
27
28 A little more
29
30 Doing a
31 dmesg | grep -i print
32 drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: v0.13: USB Printer Device Class driver
33
34 shows me the previous. I am on a parallel port.
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list