From: JimD <jimdageek@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo-User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Outlook MSG file conversion
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:24:10
1 Does anyone know of an app to convert outlook *.msg files to a text
2 email? I have some individual email (*.msg) files from Outlook, not a
3 .pst archive.
4
5 I dragged-n-dropped the emails from crappy Outlook and now have them on
6 my Gentoo box. I _thought_ they would have been stored as regular old
7 email with one email in each file. Nope. Upon opening any of the MSG
8 email files in VIM, all I see is binary crap.
9
10 The only "docs" I have found on the Outlook MSG file format so far is:
11
12 "MSG files are outlook messages saved as files. They are saved as "COM
13 stuctured storage OLE2 compound documents" or "DocFile", which is the
14 same technique used by Word, Excel and many many more."
15
16 Can't MS even do email right?
17
18 Thanks,