From: Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No device coming up if I plug in an USB device
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:39:27
1 On Monday 02 October 2006 16:01, Stephen Reynolds wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > I am new to gentoo and I just finished a stage 1,2,3 installation,
5 > and I have followed the gentoo USB howto.
6 > When I plug-in a usb device no device coming up in /dev directory,
7 > yet dmesg tell me I have plugged in a mass storage device.
8 >
9 > I'm running kernel 2.6.17... please help.
10
11 Ah, I wanted to ask about this too. The same thing happens to me. I need
12 to reboot with the device plugged in, which is a pain. I'd appreciate
13 an answer as well.
14
15 I hope this is not highjacking the thread, because I have the exact same
16 question..
22 Mrugesh Karnik
23 GPG Key 0xBA6F1DA8
24 Public key on http://wwwkeys.pgp.net