From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] yt-dlp config file different than old youtube-dl
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 16:16:35
1 Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 at 06:27, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> The part it really doesn't like seems to be this:
4 >>
5 >> SyntaxError: Invalid filter specification 'ext=webm,ext=mp4'
6 >>
7 >> Can someone tell me what the new and improved yt-dlp wants in its conf
8 >> file to try for mp4 first and then webm? Nothing I tried seems to
9 >> work. :-(
10 > I have never used extension filtering before, but it might not be
11 > possible to specify a list, so then you need to make one extra format
12 > in your syntax. This worked for me:
13 >
14 > --format 'bv*[ext=webm][width<=?1280]+bestaudio/bv*[ext=mp4][width<=?1280]+bestaudio/best'
15 >
16 > Regards,
17 > Arve
22 That doesn't spit on my keyboard so it's a good start at least.  Time
23 will tell.  It's currently downloading a webm video.  I'd prefer a mp4
24 but it may not be available for that video.  Time will tell tho.  Later
25 on it might grab a mp4 and then I'll know it is getting mp4 when it
26 can.  Honestly tho, webm does work well.
27
28 Thanks much.  Will post updates later on how it's doing.  I'm also going
29 to study that to see if I can grasp what its doing.  What's different
30 about it.
31
32 Dale
33
35
36 P. S.  Can't wait for fiber internet to get here.  They ran the cable a
37 while back.  It's getting closer.  :-D