From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA - which config file is correct
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 23:39:17
1 pat wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I have question about alsa configuration. I know how to configure the driver
5 > etc., bud during the configuration I've found that the condifuration is
6 > mentioned in 3 files:
7 > 1) /etc/modules.d/alsa
8 > 2) /etc/modules.conf
9 > 3) /etc/modprobe.conf
10 >
11 > The part I'm talking about is:
12 > alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
13 > alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
14 > alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
15 > alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
16 > alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
17 >
18 > What is difference between these files ??? I think main should be the 1st one,
19 > but the others what are good for ??? Or can someone light it to me ???
20 >
21 > Thanks a lot
22 >
23 > Pat
24
25 Just run alsaconf (media-sound/alsa-utils) - it'll do it for you.
26
27 If you'd rather not, /etc/modules.d/alsa is the one you want.
28 Afterwards, run modules-update to automatically update the other two files.
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list