From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sys-libs/-MERGING-pam
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:54:50
1 On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 6:02 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > gandalf ~ # slocate MERGING-pam
5 > /var/db/pkg/sys-libs/-MERGING-pam-0.99.8.1-r1
6 > gandalf ~ #
9 I'm never taken the time to understand exactly how portage keeps track
10 of what is on a system so I'm now curious what represents an
11 'installed' package. Is it simply that there is a directory located
12 under /var/db/pkg?
13
14 Can I safely remove this directory? As a test I moved it elsewhere and
15 now eix-test-obsolete doesn't complain. I presume at this point I can
16 delete it. there's nothing in the directory as best I can tell and the
17 version number does not match the version of pam currently install.
18
19 Thanks in advance,
20 Mark
21 --