From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] A little help for non-native English speakers
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 10:06:52
1 hehehehe :-)
2
3 Old joke but a good one:
4
5 Q: Why don't we obfuscate perl?
6 A; Because that makes it more readable
7
8 On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 10:10 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
9
10 > On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 09:34:06 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
11 >
12 > > As a native English speaker I can never remember the precedence rules
13 > > about its and it's...
14 >
15 > Its easy ;-)
16 >
17 > > I vote we dump English in it's entirety and all switch to Python
18 >
19 > Come one! Most people can't handle basic spelling and grammar, how are
20 > they going to deal with indentation. We could use Perl. That would be
21 > equally incomprehensible whether right or wrong.
24 > --
25 > Neil Bothwick
26 >
27 > It's not who you know; it's whom you know.
33 Alan McKinnon
34 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com