From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AbiWord 2.6.4 build failure
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 23:18:55
1 On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 09:56:48PM +0300, Liviu Andronic wrote
2
3 > MAKEOPTS="-j3"
4
5 Change this to...
6
7 MAKEOPTS="-j1"
8
9 and re-run the build. You'd be surprised how often that is the problem.
10 I run MAKEOPTS="-j1" on a Core Duo. It takes a few minutes longer than
11 -j3 to update world, but it only takes one crash during a build at -j2
12 or -j3 to destroy any time that you "save". I know I'm being more
13 conservative than the Gentoo handbook, but the smoother builds are worth
14 it. And no, the -j option does *NOT* affect the speed of the binary
15 that you've built.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>