From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying to remove aRTs
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:45:04
1 On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:13:59 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > I've set USE="-arts" and ran a revedep-rebuild.
4
5 Did you run "emerge -uavDN world" first?
6
7 > It can't read /usr/kde/3.5/lib/libartskde.la probably because kdelibs
8 > did not create it, with my -arts USE flag. I thought that it was
9 > feasible to build KDE applications (like e.g. noatun) without aRTs. Am
10 > I wrong in my assumption? How do I move on from here?
11
12 It is, I've been running like that for years, but every application must
13 be built without arts. You should also remove the arts package.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 "DOOM ", said Pooh, and Slaughtered Christopher Robin with a chainsaw