From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: but cool - NASDAQ is gentoo powered
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:48:25
1 Am Montag, 15. August 2011, 21:48:30 schrieb Michael Mol:
2 > On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > http://www.itworld.com/open-source/193823/how-linux-mastered-wall-street
4 >
5 > This is related to a question I wanted to poll the list with. How does
6 > everybody here use Gentoo? For personal use? Production use? For
7 > server, desktop or embedded roles? What's your most interesting setup
8 > or use case?
9 > I had Gentoo on both my desktop and HTPC, but I had to cannibalize the
10 > HTPC for parts, so now it's just on my primary desktop box.
11
12 I use it on my desktops (currently 3 machines, varying over time), my laptop
13 and in my (home-)studio as DAW.
14 Last one is probably my most interesting setup, but even this one is not
15 interesting at all :)
16
17 Michael