From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] reading php file code in text editor
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:04:19
1 On 23 June 2010 21:06, Vincent Launchbury <vincent@×××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 06/23/10 08:22, Mick wrote:
3 >> PS.  I just looked at earlier (stable) versions of these files here:
4 >>
5 >> http://drupal.org/project/skinr
6 >> [...]
7 >> and they do not have the binary characters at the end - so this could
8 >> well be a problem with the development versions.
9 >
10 > Perhaps it was just a corrupt download. I grabbed
11 > skinr-6.x-1.x-dev.tar.gz, and the skinr.module file was fine. (I assume
12 > you got the same one, as the cvs $Id:$ is identical to the one you posted.)
13
14 Guys thanks for your help. I thought of a corrupt download too, but
15 couldn't explain that happening more than once with different files.
16 Then I noticed a pattern developing ...
17
18 If the download took place on a ntfs partition (used to share files
19 with a MSWindows OS) and then transfered over to reiserfs where Gentoo
20 and the drupal server lives, well, all these phenomena of corrupt
21 files seem to take place.
22
23 I cannot honestly explain this! Why is it that if the download and
24 unzipping takes place using ntfs-3g on the said ntfs partition the php
25 files get corrupted?
26
27 This is what mount shows:
28
29 /dev/sda9 on /mnt/VideoDrive type fuseblk
30 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other,blksize=4096)
31
32 Probably I did something wrong ... will keep an eye out for similar
33 errors in the future, because I just tried this again and there does
34 not seem to be a problem with it now.
35
36 Thanks for your help and sorry for the noise.
37 --
38 Regards,
39 Mick