From: Bryan Whitehead <driver@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fixing fstab
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:22:27
1 I still don't understand the logic of not having vi installed by default
2 over nano...
3
4 On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Petteri Räty wrote:
5
6 > Mark wrote:
7 >> I made a mistake while creating my fstab on a new install, and I can't
8 >> boot. If I use my Universal CD to boot up, what command(s) will I have
9 >> to run to get access to the fstab to fix it? (I'm assuming I have to
10 >> re-mount & chroot but I don't know specifically what to do). Thanks!
11 >
12 > You only need to mount your root partition to /mnt/gentoo and then
13 > execute nano /mnt/gentoo/etc/fstab -w. You can change nano to another
14 > editor if you like.
15 >
16 > Regards,
17 > Petteri