From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo is so AWESOME
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 07:08:54
1 On 30 July 2013 23:32, Daniel Campbell <lists@××××××××.us> wrote:
2 >
3 > I was interested in becoming a dev for a little while, but the testing
4 > and what looks to be prolonged process kinda put me off of the idea. It
5 > just seems like a lot of bureaucratic work. Perhaps my impression is
6 > wrong, though...
7
8 As a tester - not AT at Gentoo - say that you are right. In the
9 development job that activity is that which should/must be well
10 documented or communicated to provide solid and trustworthy
11 information. Nowadays, I experience that the line between developers
12 and tester are getting thinner and thinner and there are development
13 methods, such as DAD, which support this process.
14
15 On the other hand, testing activity is the safety belt which keep the
16 quality on a certain level which produces the tribute of the users
17 which will be the fuel for the further job.
20 -- Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando) -- http://sayusi.hu --
21 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
22 -- ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell