From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resetting the root passwd
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:08:04
1 On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:58:02 -0500
2 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > > So it's just a description, not an insult. Don't read it as such
5 >
6 > Oh, I didn't, I did catch the 'but I still like it', sorry if my
7 > reply made it sound like I was insulted ;)
8 >
9 > But I still disagree. Would you also classify 'changing the locks on
10 > your house' as security through obscurity? Because changing the
11 > character set in PWM is just like changing the lock on a door...
12
13 I don't see it that way. But it all comes down to semantics really and
14 it's quite a pointless debate as we DO agree that it's overall a good
15 thing.
16
17 And that's what's really important here.
18 The words we classify it with as not anywhere near as important.
21 Alan McKinnnon
22 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com