From: sam new <maoben1234@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] how to remove HAL
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 02:45:32
1 Hi All,
2 As we know, HAL is not used by Xorg for output devices or any other
3 devices,so I want to remove it completely,I set USE="-hal" in /etc/make.conf
4 ,and recompile the packages, and also modify /etc/conf.d/xdm with
5 NEED_HALD="no" ,exec rc-update del hal default .All things goes well
6 ,yesterday,I use emerge to update my world ,in the list still has a hal
7 package, I don't know why system sitll emerge hal? maybe dependence ,but I
8 use 'equery d hal' and check packages which depend HAL ,have no idea ,any
9 Suggestions?
14 best regards,
15 samnew