From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing mailuri for emailing emerge logs - AUTH version fails
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:29:27
1 On 2013-11-14 9:33 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to change one of my systems from sending without AUTH
5 > (works), to using AUTH (fails), going by the example in
6 >
7 > /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example...
8 >
9 > With this hosts IP in mynetworks (I use postfix), this works:
10 >
11 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="me@×××××××.com smtp.example.com"
12 >
13 > Changing the above to this:
14 >
15 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="me@×××××××.com smtp.example.com
16 > myuser:mypassword@××××××××××××.com:587"
17 >
18 > fails (IP is still in mynetworks, but my goal is to remove it) with the
19 > following errors (last few lines being most significant I think?):
20
21 Nevermind, removed the smtp.example.com entry that wasn't supposed to be
22 there...
23
24 Now to get SASL_AUTH working...