From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sync'ed my ~x86 system yesterday and now resolver stopped working
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 04:48:08
1 Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I have synced my ~x86 system yesterday and after it completed, the
6 > resolver doesn't work for some programs anymore. For example, ping
7 > <hostname> says "unknown host name". It doesn't even contact the dns
8 > server, which is running on the same host. But dig <hostname> works
9 > fine. Also, using the IP address directly, I can access the internet.
10 >
11 > I am suspecting that the new glibc 2.10 is causing this. Anybody else
12 > having this issue?
13
14 I had this issue a couple of weeks ago. I think it was the upgrade to
15 net-dns/openresolv-3.3.2 which was responsible. The solution was to
16 edit etc/resolvconf.conf and uncomment the line
17 name_servers=127.0.0.1