From: "de Almeida
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] multiple emerge --sync on the same day?
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:56:54
1 Hello list,
2
3 I've been installing gentoo on 16, almost identical PC's. I wanted to do
4 a manual install once and clone the rest but I am having problems with
5 rebooting a gentoo box with the same livecd I used to install gentoo in
6 the first place (I've also tried with a fresh livecd). Booting with the
7 livecd would allow me to get an image of the hard drive to use for
8 cloning. I don't know an alternative way.
9
10 I am planning to get a few machines going on a manual installation while
11 I troubleshoot the livecd problem. These machines are behind a router
12 and there will be multiple emerge --sync requests coming from the same
13 IP. Is this a problem? I read somewhere that the same machine should not
14 be doing more than one emerge --sync per day.
15
16 Thanks,
19 Valmor
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list