From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which USB device on which controller?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:48:34
1 On Friday 27 February 2009 17:37:22 Grant wrote:
2 > You seem to be right on here Dale.  usbview showed my printer
3 > connected to the 2.0 controller and a webcam connected to the 1.1
4 > controller, so I unplugged the printer and plugged the webcam into
5 > it's slot and it still showed up under 1.1.  So there doesn't appear
6 > to be any slot/controller correlation.
7
8 That probably means the controller is running in 1.1 mode
9 2.0 controllers can do both
10
11 To find out what the hardware is, look for E|U|OHCI and decode that
14 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com