From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NDISWRAPPER
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:35:47
1 On 7/18/06, Timothy A. Holmes <tholmes@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Hi folks:
3 >
4 > I rebuilt my kernel the other day and my wireless nick suddenly stopped
5 > operating, I re-emerged NDISWRAPPER and followed the howto on the forum
6 > to re-install it
7 >
8 > Every time I do Modprobe ndiswrapper I get a fatal error saying that the
9 > module is not found
10 >
11 > I need to know were to go from here
12 >
13 > Thanks
14 >
15 > TIM
18 Hi Tim,
19 I had this same problem the other day. In the end I think (I THINK)
20 that what I did to get it working was:
21
22 1) Compile, install and reboot into the new kernel 2.6.17-rt5 in my case
23 2) re-emerge ndiswrapper
24 3) Reinstall the Windows driver (ndiswrapper -i *.INF)
25 4) Check that the driver and hardware were present. (ndiswrapper -l)
26
27 IIRC at that point I could modprobe it again. I was confused as to why
28 I had to do all of that but it seemed to work for me.
29
30 HTH,
31 Mark
32 --