From: Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] slow MTP in Thunar, was fine in Gnome
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 06:15:27
After my recent switch from Gnome to XFCE (both ~amd64) transferring
files from the smartphone to the desktop via USB/MTP has become
unbearably slow. From my understanding both Gnome (Nautilus?) and Thunar
use gnome-base/gvfs which with mtp USE flag pulls in media-libs/libmtp
so I don't understand why this big change in behavior. Any hints?

This desktop is shared with my youngsters so proposing a switch to ssh
or adb is not a viable solution, they are more accustomed to pinching
the screen rather than punching the keyboard...

thanks,

raffaele