From: Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] slow MTP in Thunar, was fine in Gnome
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 06:15:27
1 After my recent switch from Gnome to XFCE (both ~amd64) transferring
2 files from the smartphone to the desktop via USB/MTP has become
3 unbearably slow. From my understanding both Gnome (Nautilus?) and Thunar
4 use gnome-base/gvfs which with mtp USE flag pulls in media-libs/libmtp
5 so I don't understand why this big change in behavior. Any hints?
6
7 This desktop is shared with my youngsters so proposing a switch to ssh
8 or adb is not a viable solution, they are more accustomed to pinching
9 the screen rather than punching the keyboard...
10
11 thanks,
12
13 raffaele