From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] debugging runscript
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 18:43:48
1 On 04/05/06, Leigh Stewart <agrodellic@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > can anyone tell me how to trace through init scripts, which are
3 > executed by /sbin/runscript?
4 >
5 > with bash there is a nice little switch which does just that. i need
6 > to figure out exactly what those net.ethx scripts are doing because
7 > they clobber my wifi interface when i use the LinuxAnt driverloader
8 > module.
9
10 I'm afraid I can't answer your question directly,* but besides the
11 initscripts you may want to check whether there is a serial port
12 issue/conflict here; i.e. the linuxant is claiming the serial port
13 and your wifi iface is also using the (same) serial port to be
14 accessed by the kernel.
15
16 Just an idea.
17
18 * I just thought of something: first stop the particular script(s)
19 and then run strace or gdb with /sbin/runscript.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list