From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel upgrading and linux symlink
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 23:43:42
1 On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 4:40 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 10/31/2009 04:29 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> So I think this thread addresses a question I've had about the kernel
5 >> installation process over the years. I only copy bzImage to /boot with
6 >> a rename to whatever this kernel is. I don't do anything with the
7 >> other files - System.map and something else - which I don't even have
8 >> on most of my systems anymore. They don't seem to be needed...
9 >
10 > They're needed if you are trying to debug kernel crashes, but AFAIK
11 > not needed for anything else.
14 Thanks.
15
16 - Mark