From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fed up with Xorg + hal mess [SOLVED]
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 20:09:02
1 On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:39:45 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:
3 >
4 >> Others allow to kill processes, sync the filesystem, and such. The
5 >> combination Alt-SysRq-R-E-I-S-U-B reboots a hanging PC without file
6 >> system corruption.
7 >
8 > Usually! Sometimes a system can be locked up to badly that there's not
9 > enough resources left to sync the filesystems. Most of the time though
10 > Alt-SysRq-Reboot-Even-If-System-Utterly-Broken works.
13 > --
14 > Neil Bothwick
15
16 I've seen you guys talk about this and I've never had to use it. I'm
17 curious about the actual key strokes. Is it
18
19 Alt-SysRq and then REISUB
20
21 or
22
23 Alt-SysRq followed by Atl-R, Atl-E, etc.. ?
24
25 I assume the first but it would be nice to know if I ever have to use it.
26
27 Thanks,
28 Mark