From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS kernel bug
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 21:14:06
1 On 2013-10-26 6:19 PM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Just a note to other NFS server users -
3 >
4 > There's a kernel bug that can cause unmounting an NFS share to segfault
5 > (and not actually unmount anything.)
6 >
7 > I had in in the kernel 3.10 version, perhaps even before that as I don't
8 > update the kernel on my mythtv backend server that often.
9 >
10 > It hangs the shutdown process with an oops and it will require physical
11 > manual intervention to shut the machine down.
12 >
13 > If you upgrade to 3.11.5 or greater the problem goes away.
14 >
15 > I've been banging my head against the wall with this for over a week and
16 > *finally* found a resolution after going through a lot of NFS searches
17 > via Google.
18
19 So... is this fixed in the stable 3.10 series (ie, 3.10.7 or 3.10.17)?