From: "F.J.Zhao" <fuziok@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Mini Gentoo in VMWare
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 13:59:43
1 In order to create very tiny vms, I suggest you use lfs instead.
2 Gentoo is harder to do so.
3
4 2006/11/3, Trenton Adams <trenton.d.adams@×××××.com>:
5 > Hi Guys,
6 >
7 > Has anyone here played with minimalizing everything for use in vmware?
8 >
9 > Basically what I want to do is create a series of VERY tiny VMs that
10 > are all independent of each other, which provide one service. For
11 > instance, I might put apache on one VM, and tomcat on another, and so
12 > on. Obviously, I would want their memory usage to be absolutely
13 > minimized, seeing that I would like to run them all on one computer.
14 > I would probably provide them 64M-128M of RAM each, for their specific
15 > service. Perhaps a little more if really required.
16 >
17 > Is there really anything that I should worry about? Perhaps I should
18 > just DO IT?
19 > --
20 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list