From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A systemd-only Gentoo system
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:12:51
1 On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 06:19:35PM -0600, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > Hi; I've been running systemd in Gentoo since September from 2010, and
3 > it works great for me: all my machines run it at this point. Right
4 > now, we are getting really close to the point where we will be able to
5 > uninstall sys-apps/openrc, sys-apps/sysvinit and sys-apps/baselayout,
6 > and run a systemd-only Gentoo system.
7
8 All baselayout-2 provides is the basic filesystem layout which should
9 work regardless of the init system you are using.
10
11 Is there some reason you can't leave baselayout-2 installed?
12
13 William