From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Deficient Gnome Window Frames
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 12:51:23
1 Usually, when I open a new window frame in Gnome 2, I have a Close,
2 Maximize/Restore and Minimize buttons on its upper-right corner.
3
4 Sometimes, however, especially when I open a supplementary window frame
5 from a running program, its upper (text) bar contains only the Close button
6 with no possibility to maximize the window frame to the whole screen, and
7 it is extremely inconvenient.
8
9 I do remember that I had a similar problem in Gnome 2 under Ubuntu but
10 somehow managed to get to the configuration where almost all my windows had
11 Maximize/Restore and Minimize buttons. The only exception was the Firefox
12 sub-window to save a bookmark. :^(
13
14 Just now, I have tries FXCE and found out that it opens all the sub-windows
15 with the Maximize/Restore, Close and Minimize buttons "out of the box" and
16 without recompilation of all the programs that do not do the same in Gnome
17 (except for the Firefox bookmark sub-window, of course).
18
19 However, I am reluctant to migrate to FXCE right now because at the moment
20 I cannot achieve the same look-and-feel as in my Gnome (especially, I miss
21 the the all-in-one clock-calendar-weather applet with the world map showing
22 the daytime at different locations).
23
24 Could anybody advise me how to get the Close, Maximize/Restore and Minimize
25 buttons in all window frames in Gnome 2.
26
27 Thank you.