From: TN <tnuro@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] newbie livecd installation dual boot problems
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 04:07:24
9 Jim wrote:
evor.
Did you try to boot from the livecd, or another boot cd, and see if
16 you can even mount your JFS partition?
17
18 Jim
22 Yes I have. It mounts fine when using the livecd to boot from. I can
23 read/write to it no problem, and all the file structure is there.
24 I've had a look at the bootlog with dmesg, and I'm now thinking that
25 the installed kernel doesn't have JFS modules/support in it......the
26 boot identifies the partitions (hda1, hda2 etc), but then it tries to
27 mount hda2 with almost every fs APART from my beloved jfs. It's tried
28 Reiser, XFS, ext2, ext3, vfs - everything but jfs.
29
30 Oh....I don't fancy another 6 hour install!!
34 Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list