From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] killing gnome light - pathetic cry for help.
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 04:18:22
1 On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 13:15 -0800, Michael Higgins wrote:
2 > I use Gnome ['gnome-light'] as my WM.
3 >
4 > For the past few months (many months) I've had the 'gnome-panel' lock
5 > up on me. Nothing is clearly causing this. Rebuilding has not seemed to
6 > help. Of course, what to rebuild? Everything?
7
8 :(
9
10 > (And I don't want to trash my .gnome* folders in a WAG at a fix. I have
11 > customization that will disappear. Again.)
12
13 Make a new user with default .blah files. Does it happen for the new
14 user? If so, start singling them out one by one... yes it's tedious.
15
16 > [ And why does it always complain about not finding GDM... when was that
17 > required? I've never used it, nor wanted it. I want the warnings to go
18 > away! ]
19
20 who's "it"?
24 Horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants in Marshalltown, Iowa.
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list