From: Michael Scherer <a6702894@××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems lua/luarocks
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:32:06
1 On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 20:02:20 +0200
2 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I got some problems with lua and its package manager called
7 > "luarocks". From the lua mailing list I got the information,
8 > that luarocks normall installs lua module/packages/"rocks"
9 > below /usr/local ... a place lua will look for, when adviced
10 > to use a certain module.
11 >
12 > With Gentoo, luarocks was fixed to install below
13 > /usr/lib64/lua/luarocks/lib/luarocks/rocks
14 > but lua wasn't instructed to do the same.
15 >
16 > Regardless what "rocks" I am installing, lua won't find
17 > it. So what can I do to fix that?
18 >
19 > Thank you very much for any help in advance!
20 > Best regards,
21 > mcc
28 I built a simple module, called by a likewise simple program.
29 after some searching around I found that by setting LUA_PATH with
30
31 export LUA_PATH=/usr/lib64/lua/luarocks/share/lua/5.1/?.lua;
32
33 I succeeded in running program + module.
34
35 I don't know, though, wether this works in more complicated
36 projects, but you might give it a try. If it works, you should
37 set LUA_CPATH too (if you want to include C-modules).
38
39 regards, michael