From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] progress everywhere !
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 17:58:22
1 On Sunday 19 October 2008 18:52:24 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 081019 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 19 October 2008 07:25:28 Philip Webb wrote:
4 > >> Does anyone know why it wants 'xulrunner', which is not a use flag here
5 > >> ?
6 > >
7 > > It's this [details snipped: thanks]:
8 > > So basically it is dependant on the nsplugin USE flag
9 > > and will look for xulrunner or seamonkey to build against.
10 > > If neither are found, you have an error condition.
11 >
12 > Thanks: Xulrunner is a big pkg in itself, but it seems unavoidable.
13
14 For probably the first time ever, I just had a look at that. And I'm asking
15 myself - why does OOo have nsplugins support at all?
16
17 It's an office suite - I use it mostly to read documents other people send me,
18 and because antiword is a little too minimal. What could OOo possibly do in
19 my specific case that requires browser plugins? It's not like I'm in the
20 habit of embedding java and flash applets into impress presentations
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com