From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] switch to profile 17.0 complete, completely painless
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 07:18:10
1 Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2 > One (~x86) LXDE system completed the switch with no problem, the other (~amd64) built all
3 > except two packaged (sdlmame and torcs) which did not build with gcc-7.2 even before the
4 > switch to 17.0.
5 >
6 > Gentoo devs and arch testers did a good job as usual.
7 >
8 > I'll do the switch on the Gnome system in the next days but up to now I can say that the
9 > switch to 17.0 is a _lot_ less painful than switching major compiler version.
10 >
11 > raffaele
16 I'm having trouble with these:
17
18 net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.4.11-r200
19 dev-qt/qtwebengine-5.9.3
20 net-libs/webkit-gtk
21
22 Those three, I've had to adjust the USE flags and it may or may not be
23 profile switch related.  If I had to guess, it just happened to pop up
24 and isn't related to the switch.  They are back in the rear compiling as
25 I type.
26
27 I still have a issue with openshot and I think my nvidia drivers to deal
28 with too.  It has some sort of issue but I haven't looked into what the
29 cause is for it yet.  However, that will be fixed before my next full
30 rebuild.  Once I get all these little issues dealt with, I plan to do a
31 emerge -e world again just to be sure.  It's cool here so the heat will
32 be good.  ;-)
33
34 Over all tho, it went fairly well here too.  The issues I have ran into
35 are most likely not related to the switch.  Generally speaking, some of
36 the switches in the past have been pretty major changes.  This one seems
37 to fall into that category to me at least.  As you said, not to painful
38 really.  Just a little time consuming at times.
39
40 Dale
41