From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is gmplayer?
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 13:24:49
1 > On 18 Apr 2017, at 22:35, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I thought that particular binary was abandoned *years* ago by mplayer -
4 > it was unmaintained?
5
6 The bug linked elsewhere in this thread says it was dropped upstream in 2010, but also that it was reanimated in 2013.
7
8 It's mentioned if you unpack the source for MPlayer-1.2.1, currently in the Portage tree, and run `./configure --help`:
9
10 $ ./configure --help | grep -i gui
11 --enable-gui enable GMPlayer compilation (GTK+ GUI) [disable]
12 --language-msg=lang language to use for the messages and the GUI [en]
13 $
14
15 If I were OP I'd start from there, and the attachment igel uploaded to bgo on 2013-07-22.
16
17 Stroller.