From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge pam issue
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:36:43
1 On Thursday 05 June 2008, Carter, Dwayne wrote:
2 > Mick,
3 >
4 > First of all, thanks for the quick response. I ran the command already,
5 > but it seem that binaries and libraries are not broken. Here is the output
6 > of the command:
7 >
8 > witney ~ # revdep-rebuild -X -p -v
9 > Configuring search environment for revdep-rebuild
10 >
11 > Checking reverse dependencies...
12 >
13 > Packages containing binaries and libraries broken by a package update
14 > will be emerged.
15 >
16 > Collecting system binaries and libraries... done.
17 > (/root/.revdep-rebuild.1_files)
18 >
19 > Collecting complete LD_LIBRARY_PATH... done.
20 > (/root/.revdep-rebuild.2_ldpath)
21 >
22 > Checking dynamic linking consistency...
23 > broken /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/_curses_panel.so (requires
24 > libpanelw.so.5) done.
25 > (/root/.revdep-rebuild.3_rebuild)
26 >
27 > Assigning files to packages...
28 > /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/_curses_panel.so -> dev-lang/python
29 > done.
30
31 You seem to be running ~ARCH, so all things may not be plain sailing. Just in
32 case, run python-updater 2.4 to update to your latest python (although the
33 ebuild would have done it automatically on its own these days). If you have
34 resync'ed and ran revdep-rebuild then I don't really know what's the cause of
35 it, or how to fix it. Others who are also running ~ARCH may have come across
36 it. Any responses in the forums?
37 --
38 Regards,
39 Mick