From: Roman Dobosz <gryf73@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 4.12.5 hard lockups, nothing in logs.
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 14:47:12
1 On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 11:47:14 +0800
2 Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 > I am getting random lockups on kernel 4.12.5.
6 >
7 > Three intel hosts (atom, early i7, i7 haswell) - its worse after a
8 > suspend resume session. Because these are in use Ive gone back to
9 > 4.9.34 which is stable.
10 >
11 > I also have some VM's and an MS surface pro 4 which are stable on
12 > 4.12.5, 6 and 8) - confusing!
13 >
14 > Is anyone else seeing this?
15
16 Yup, on one of my laptops I use, I have also experienced lockups, so
17 I've been forced to downgrade to 4.9.x. On two other machines (one of
18 it is my personal pc used at daily basis, the other is just a PC for
19 storage purposes) I didn't noticed anything like that…
22 -^- _ something is grinding the emptiness:
23 _ /O)_\// Velvet Acid Christ - Caustic Disco