From: Leigh Stewart <agrodellic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc question
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 04:04:45
1 thanks richard.
2
3 is it safe to have compiled half a system with gcc 3.3 ubt to be compiling
4 new packages with 3.4?
5
6 On 4/2/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
7 >
8 > On 4/1/06, Leigh Stewart <agrodellic@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > > I just tried to install skype, it wont start, and in the logs it tells
10 > me it
11 > > cant find libstdc++.so.6, which doesnt surprise me because it doesnt
12 > exist
13 > > on my system.
14 > >
15 > > im using gcc 3.3.5 and im guessing that libstdc++.so.6 is libstdc++.so
16 > > compiled with gcc 3.4.5.
17 > >
18 > > how can i solve this problem? i dont have time to rebuild my system
19 > right
20 > > now. can i slot the compiler or something?
21 >
22 > The compiler is slotted, so you can just do "emerge --oneshot
23 > =sys-devel/gcc-3.4.5-r1" and then use gcc-config to set your compiler
24 > back to the 3.3.5 version.
25 >
26 > -Richard
27 >