From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I disable some apache modules?
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 12:49:20
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 14:34 on Saturday 21 May 2011, Jarry did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > Hi,
5 > I'd like to disable some apache modules (mod_autoindex and
6 > mod_userdir). I checked /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, but it says
7 >
8 > # GENTOO: Automatically defined based on APACHE2_MODULES
9 > # USE_EXPAND variable.
10 > # Do not change manually, it will be overwritten on upgrade.
11 >
12 > OK, when this is not recommended way, I tried to set it up
13 > in /etc/make.conf:
14 >
15 > APACHE2_MODULES="${APACHE2_MODULES} -autoindex -userdir"
16 >
17 > But when I try re-emerge apache, I get a lot of errors like this:
18 >
19 > Invalid '-' operator in non-incremental variable 'APACHE2_MODULES':
20 > '-autoindex'
21 >
22 > So how can I control which apache modules are build and loaded?
23 >
24 > Jarry
25
26 APACHE2_MODULES is non-incremental (the output message says so right there)
27 which means you can't take stuff out. You can only prevent it ever going in:
28
29 Remove the things you don't want from APACHE2_MODULES in /etc/make.conf
32 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com