From: Francesco Turco <fturco@××××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bitcoin-qt, openssl and the bindist USE flag
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2017 09:08:13
1 On Saturday, 8 April 2017 20.16.02 CEST, Francesco Turco wrote:
2 > The point is I can't find any reference to the bindist USE flag
3 > in the bitcoin-qt ebuild:
4 >
5 > $ grep bindist $(equery which bitcoin-qt)
6 > $ # returns nothing
7
8 I found out that it's probably due to the OPENSSL_DEPEND variable in
9 /var/portage/repos/gentoo/eclass/bitcoincore.eclass:
10
11 OPENSSL_DEPEND="!libressl? ( dev-libs/openssl:0[-bindist] ) libressl? (
12 dev-libs/libressl )"
13
14 So I could fix the problem by switching to libressl instead of openssl. I
15 already tried that in the past but I had some problems. I may try again in
16 the future.
19 https://www.fturco.net/