From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] systemd installation location
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 19:52:17
1 All,
2
3 I can clarify one part of the systemd issue, because I have been
4 involved in this part of the issue for months. Again, I am not trying
5 to start a dispute here, just providing a clarification.
6
7 The choice to install all of the systemd binaries in /usr is not an
8 upstream choice. It was a choice made a year ago when our systemd team
9 was one person [1], and now the team doesn't want to change it because
10 it would require users to go through a migration, and the rest of the
11 team doesn't see a benefit in changing it since it still links to
12 libraries in /usr/lib.
13
14 I joined the team, primarily to take responsibility for this change and
15 to try to make it go as smoothly as possible, but I was overruled even
16 though upstream gave us a pretty strong warning about it.
17
18 William
19
20 [1]