From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apache 2 + portage
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 04:51:44
1 On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 15:39:39 +0100
2 dexters84 <dexters84@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi
5 >
6 > I'm a little confused as long as new Apache use flags are concerned.
7 > With old Apache versions ( pre 2.2.6) all valid flags shown in
8 > *emerge -pv Apache*
9 > could have been set in /etc/portage/package.use in following format
10 > *www-servers/apache flag flag -foo -bar flag*
11 > and life was great :)
12 >
13 > Unfortunately with the new version the concept changed. Some flags
14 > contain *% *some contain* ** and some both (not sure what it is for)
15 > - I only know that flags enclosed like this *(flag) *are the one I
16 > have selected before.
19 man -P 'col -b' emerge | grep -A11 " --verbose"
22 > My main problem is that emerge apache command is not affected by flag
23 > settings in /etc/portage/package.use in any way.
24 > How do I properly set new apache flags ?
25 > Where do I define APACHE2_MODULES ?
26 > Where do I define APACHE2_MPMS ?
27 >
28 > regards
29 > dexter
32 I don't believe you could get a proper answer w/o sending the exact
33 output of the command(s) you're issuing and the relevant contents of the
34 configuration file(s) in question.
38 Best regards,
39 Daniel
40 --