From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID-1 on secondary disks how?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 20:16:10
1 On 01/29/2019 01:08 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > Obviously. Hence the reason I said that it shouldn't matter if the
3 > module is built in-kernel.
4
5 I'm saying it does matter.
6
7 > I'm not sure why it seems like we're talking past each other here...
8
9 You seem to be focusing on the second kernel that the initramfs execs.
10
11 I'm talking about the first kernel that the initramfs uses.
12
13 The initramfs won't be able to do crap if it doesn't have the device and
14 file system drives necessary for the initramfs kernel & init scripts to
15 boot.
16
17 > Now, it might not support a kernel that doesn't support module loading
18 > at all, though I'm not sure why not. If it doesn't I could see why the
19 > developers wouldn't be bothered to address the use case.
20
21 Yet another possible reason to dislike dracut.
26 Grant. . . .
27 unix || die