From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File permissions and such
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 19:19:19
1 Dan Cowsill wrote:
2 > Hey list,
3 >
4 > It has been a constant burden to me to have to change the file permissions of
5 > files I've copied so that other users can access them and modify them. Say I
6 > have a number of documents in the /root folder which the root user owns. Now
7 > I want to transfer them to my non-priveliged user so I can work on them...
8 > But I have to chown them so that is possible.
9 >
10 > It just occured to me that there must be an easier way to do things like this
11 > and I was wondering if you fine fellows could guide me down the right path.
12 >
13 > Thanks.
16 If you use KDE, you can right click on the folder that contains them and
17 change the permissions then check the box that says to make it apply to
18 everything in the folder. That way you can change a lot of them at
19 once. I also noticed a while back that if I am in Konqueror as root and
20 copy to my user desktop, it changes the permissions to my regular user.
21 I never noticed that before.
22
23 Does that help?
24
25 Dale
26
30 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
31
32 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list