From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: x264 flag on mplayer (amd64)
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:17:04
1 luis jure <ljc <at> internet.com.uy> writes:
4 > i can't activate the x264 use flag an amd64 when trying to re-emerge
5 > mplayer (with mencoder). (no problem on x86)
8 Well I have an amd64 (AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core)
9 with x264 flag set in make.conf. I have this version
10 of mplayer installed:
11 Installed versions: 1.0_rc2_p26753
12 with the x264 flag showing up as set.
13
14 Lost of folks have had recent problems with different
15 software pulling in different (conflicting) versions
16 of ffmpeg. I have this version of ffmpeg installed:
17 Installed versions: 0.4.9_p20070616-r3
18 with the x264 flag set (as we would expect).
21 My solution, which may or maynot be related to your issue,
22 was to remove all packages containing the keyword 'arts'.
23 All is fine, but, I have not robustly tested all
24 software that may be effected. When you update, look
25 for conflicting packages, and what they want to pull
26 in. Search the recent postings on this list for some
27 good information. Others have had similar related issues,
28 discussed in several threads.
31 hth,
32 James