From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: I want my xmms
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 19:51:57
1 On 2007-01-04, Dan <dan@×××××××××.cx> wrote:
2
3 > thanks, nice to have some terminal ouput sent along to
4 > substantiate this discussion! i like the 'mem window' a lot.
5 > top is cool...
6
7 VMS used to have a very cool program that would watch the
8 address space of a specified process. It displayed a "live"
9 status in a rectangular array on a terminal with a character
10 for each page's status (readable, writable, dirty, swapped out,
11 etc.). IIRC there was an "@" that showed the page contained the
12 program counter. The display updated several times per second,
13 and it was pretty interesting to watch long-running programs
14 (compiles, LaTeX runs, etc.). I've always sort of kept an eye
15 out for something like that for Linux, but have never stumbled
16 acrosss anything...
19 Grant Edwards grante Yow! .. I see TOILET
20 at SEATS...
21 visi.com
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list